Rules & Terms
1. Submissions in other than English must be subtitled.
2. Multiple entries are allowed from a filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
3. Online screeners only. If you choose not to upload your project to FilmFreeway's site, please provide an online link to your submission and be sure to include the password in an email correspondence sent directly to NJFilmFest@gmail.com
4. *Please note: Highlands Film Fest does not download data or accept Dropbox submissions. Please only send links to your media hosted on 3rd party servers such as Vimeo or YouTube.
5. Written comments describing entries are beneficial.
6. DVD Entries will not be returned.
7. All films submitted under a “Student” category will be listed as a (Student) on all materials including social media and press releases. Student I.D. required.
Only completed projects will be accepted. Filmmaker or distributor must have obtained all clearances for exhibition and must certify that the work is original and no disputes regarding ownership exist on the film.
By entering, you certify that this is the case.
We strive to be as fair and unbiased as possible. However, we make the decisions and that's the bottom line.
Entries need to have been completed after January 2017. If your entry has been screened elsewhere, we don't care.
Contact us at NJFilmFest@gmail.com